Ares FC 1 Results
ARES Fighting Championship was presenting their first event ever today, on December 14 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
The Senegalese wrestler nicknamed Reug Reug was making his very anticipated pro MMA debut in his home country. He did not disappoint as he threw Sofiane Boukichou on his head on multiple occasions in the first round. He finished him with strikes in the second round even though he still has very green striking. Oumar Kane establishes himself instantly as one of the World’s brightest Heavyweight prospects.
Canadian Jonathan Meunier was also making his return to competition on 10 days notice after more than a year on the sidelines. Things did not go his way as he lost by first round TKO to solid Nassourdine Imavov. Meunier started the fight well workind behind his jab, he vene landed a beautiful takedown. He was however finished after his opponent landed multiple power punches on him before the end of the first round.
The Lapilus brothers were also in action on the card and they both won their fights. Taylor won a decision against super tough Brazilian Marcos Breno. He dropped him in the first round but wasn’t able to finish the fight. Damien Lapilus won by TKO with one second left in the second round over UFC vet Lukasz Sajewski in a great showing.
For a first event ever, we can say it was a big success for Ares FC! The caliber of fighters on the card was great and the quality of the production was on par with the world’s best promotions. The only negative thing we could say is that the mat became wetter and wetter as the event wore on and the temperature outside was very high. The referee had to pout and end to the event after mere seconds of the Rizlen Zouak fight due to the mat not being safe enough to compete on it. That fight and 2 other postlims could not happen, but it is a small hiccup in a great night of fighting in Dakar.
Congratulations to Fernand Lopez and his team!
Here are the full Ares FC 1 results:
- 185lbs: Laurynas Urbonavicius def Ildemar Alcantara by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-25)
- 265lbs: Oumar Kane def Sofiane Boukichou by TKO (Strikes), 1:20 round 2
- 135lbs: Taylor Lapilus def Marcos Breno by Unanimous Decision (30-26 x 2, 29-28)
- 185lbs: Gregory Babene def Glenn Sparv by Submission (Triangle Choke), 2:04 round 2
- 176lbs: Nassourdine Imavov def Jonathan Meunier par TKO (Punches), 4:27 round 1
- 155lbs: Damien Lapilus def Lukasz Sajewski by TKO (Strikes), 4:59 round 2
- 185lbs: Djati Melan def Eslam Abdul Baset by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 155lbs: Mairon Santos def Baba Boundjou Nadjombe by Unanimous Decision 30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- W135lbs: Rizlen Zouak vs Jamila Sandora ends in a No-Contest (Surface too wet to fight), round 1
- 265lbs: Josh Parisian def Matunga Djikasa by TKO (Punches), round 2