BTC 9: Rampage Results
Here are the full results for the BTC 9: Rampage event taking place on Saturday February 29 in Kitchener, Ontario.
In the main event, Jesse Ronson looked like gold against touted prospect Troy Lamson. The Body Snatcher dropped him several times on the feet, landed some huge takedowns and basically outgrappled him. He ended the fight by first round rear-naked choke to get back in the win column with a classic performance.
The co-main event gave us a back and forth grappling match between Adam Assenza and UFC vet Cody Pfister. The Canadian won the fight by split decision in a very very close call.
The highly anticipated prospect fight between Mateo Vogel and Serhiy Sidey proved to be a good one. Vogel’s grappling was too much for Sidey who had a couple of moments standing up but was steadily outgrappled by the brown belt from Ottawa.
Zach Junkin impressed with a 26 seconds KO of Jamie Flick who he hurt multiple times during the short fight. Kyran Cameron and Seth Connor also collected finishes as they both won by first round D’arce Choke.
Here are the full BTC 9: Rampage Results:
- 160lbs: Jesse Ronson def Troy Lamson by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 4:16 round 1
- 155lbs: Adam Assenza def Cody Pfister by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 135lbs: Mateo Vogel def Serhiy Sidey by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
- 160lbs: Vladimir Kazbekov def Eric Wilson by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- 170lbs: Kyran Cameron def Rafael Palomeque by Submission (D’arce Choke), 2:03 round 1
- 155lbs: Xavier Nash def Kris Allard by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- 165lbs: Zach Junkin def Jamie Flick by Knockout (Punches), 0:26 round 1
- 145lbs: Seth Connor def Luke Hogg by Submission (D’arce Choke), 2:13 round 1