Elite 1 MMA: Fight Night 37 Results
Here are the full results for the first event of 2020 on the Canadian MMA circuit: Elite 1 MMA: Fight Night 37 taking place in Moncton, New Brunswick on January 18, 2020.
In the main event, top-ranked Canadian Welterweight Christien Savoie defended his title by dominant unanimous decision over surging contender Pat Carroll. Carroll did a good job of working his takedowns against the fence but Savoie’s defense was on point. The standup exchanges were all in favor of Savoie who landed some good offense for the clear win.
In other pro action, Gabe Sagman outgrappled Morgan Rhynes en route to a decision win. Downtown Gary Brown also put his name back in the win column with a secound round TKO win over debuting Derek Pike in what was the most exciting pro fight of the night.
There was also an amateur portion on the card. It was headlined by a Heavyweight title fight in which Nick Coombes defeated Hank Anderson by fourth round stoppage.
Here are the full results for the Elite 1 MMA: Fight Night 37 card:
- Welterweight title: Christien Savoie def Pat Carroll by Unanimous Decision (50-45, 49-46, 48-47)
- 135lbs: Gabe Sagman def Morgan Rhynes by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- 155lbs: Gary Brown def Derek Pike by TKO (Ground-and-Pound), 1:09 round 2
- Amateur Heavyweight title: Nick Coombes def Hank Anderson by TKO (Punches), 2:01 round 4
- Amateur 265lbs: Liam Campbell def Alexander Neilson by Submission (Kimura), 0:54 round 1
- Amateur 155lbs: Shane Tingley def Ben Fullarton by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 2:03 round 2
- Amateur 185lbs: Justin MacKenzie def Anthony Sloan by TKO (Ground-and-Pound), 1:39 round 1
- Amateur 145lbs: Greg Oickle def Dominic Leblanc by Unanimous Decision