PFL 2019 Playoffs 1 Results
The full results for the episode 1 of the 2019 PFL playoffs featuring the Welterweights, the Women’s Lightweights.
In the Welterweight Quaterfinals, Cooper III and Sadibou Sy went to a Majority Draw but Cooper III was declared the winner via Pride Rules. Glaico Franca, David Michaud and last year’s champion Magomed Magomekerimov all won by decision to advance to the semifinals later in the night. However, Magomedkerimov was injured during his fight and had to pull out of the tournament. Cooper III then fights Chris Curtis and Franca fights Michaud.
In the semifinals, Ray Cooper III qualified for the finals for a second year in a row with a huge second round KO of replacement Chris Curtis. In the other semifinal, David Michaud won a hard fought decision over Glaico Franca. The Welterweight final will oppose Michaud to Ray Cooper III
On the Women’s Lightweight side, we witnessed the semifinals of the tournament. Kayla Harrison was once again too strong for her opponent, finishing her by armbar in the first. Larissa Pacheco defeated Sarah Kaufman by decision in the other matchup to advance to the finals. Harrison and Pacheco will rematch in the finals of the tournament.
Canadian Jesse Ronson was in action on the card. He lost by first round TKO to Nikolai Aleksakhin after taking a brutal knee.
Here are the full PFL 2019 Playoffs 1 Results:
Main Card (10pm)
- Welterweight Semifinals: David Michaud def Glaico Franca by Majority Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-28)
- Welterweight Semifinals: Ray Cooper III def Chris Curtis by Knockout (Punch), 0:11 round 2
- Women’s Lightweight Semifinals: Kayla Harrison def Bobbi-Jo Dalziel by Submission (Armbar), 3:32 round 1
- Women’s Lightweight Semifinals: Larissa Pacheco def Sarah Kaufman by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- Welterweight Quaterfinals: David Michaud def John Howard by Unanimous Decision (20-18 x 3)
- Welterweight Quaterfinals: Magomed Magomedkerimov def Chris Curtis by Unanimous Decision (20-18 x 2, 20-17)
- Welterweight Quaterfinals: Glaico Franca def Andre Fialho by Majority Decision (20-18 x 2, 19-19)
- Welterweight Quaterfinals: Ray Cooper III vs Sadibou Sy ends in a Majority Draw, Cooper III advances
- 170lbs: Nikolai Aleksakhin def Jesse Ronson by TKO (Strikes), 3:37 round 1
- 145lbs: Brendan Loughnane def Matt Wagy by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 30-26