Here are the full results for the Prospect Fighting Championships 13 event taking place on Sunday March 8, 2020 in Toronto, Ontario.
The event is headlined by a Flyweight title fight between Tony Laramie and veteran Claudio Ledesma. The young Canadian looked amazing as he mostly dominated 25 fight veteran Claudio Ledesma for 5 rounds. He was crowned PFC Flyweight champion by unanimous decision.
On the main card, Michael Imperato had a short night out at home as he needed only one takedown to submit Matthew Skibicki by rear-naked choke in round 1. Loyd Galindo defended Jorge Britto’s takedown well and cut him with a big knee putting an end to their fight by doctor’s stoppage in round 2.
Zackery Powell will be one of the most talked about fighter after this event for sure. He absolutely dominated Adam De Freitas on the ground winning every scramble and landing the most damage with his elbows. He wins by decision and confirms his status as one of Canada’s finest Lightweight prospects.
Claudia Baril was super impressive in her MMA debut as she showed great stand up skills and even landed a takedown on her opponent. She won the fight by third round rear-naked choke.
Kru Joe Marchand Tipping was successfull in his MMA debut as he showed better than expected grappling abilities to get a split decision from Bradley Sullivan. The 30-27 score for Tipping is quite controversial but takes nothing away from his great performance.
Bobby Poulter and Bryce Gougeon gave us a great war as they went back and forth for 15 minutes in what will surely be one of the best fights of the year in Canada.
Serge Dancos did not disappoint as he had his way with Noah Crosswell before finishing him with a Guillotine in round 1. Same for Hashmat Sarwary who was able to take Binaebi Otoru’s back standing up before securing a choke for the first round finish.
Here are the full PFC 13 results:
- Flyweight title: Tony Laramie def Claudio Ledesma by Unanimous Decision (48-47 x 2, 49-46)
- 135lbs: Michael Imperato def Matthew Skibicki by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 2:55 round 1
- 170lbs: Loyd Galindo def Jorge Britto by TKO (Doctor Stoppage due to Cut), 0:50 round 2
- 155lbs: Zackery Powell def Adam De Freitas by Unanimous Decision (30-26 x 2, 30-27)
- W115lbs: Claudia Baril def Melissa Karagianis by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 3:58 round 3
- 145lbs: Joe Marchand def Bradley Sullivan by Split Decision (29-28, 30-27, 28-29)
- 170lbs: Bobby Poulter def Bryce Gougeon by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- 125lbs: Hashmat Sarwary def Binaebi Otoru by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 4:29 round 1
- 135lbs: Serge Dancos def Noah Crosswell by Submission (Guillotine), 3:26 round 1