Pierre Thivierge will be back in action on the TKO 49 card where he will fight French fighter Julien Sault. The promotion announced the fight on its Facebook page this morning. The fight will take place at 125lbs on the preliminary card of TKO 49.
Pierre Thivierge will be back in the cage after he won his pro debut at TKO 47. The man we call “The Monkey” won his only fight against Nigel Crosswell in April 2019. He only needed one takedown in that fight to take his opponent’s back and submit him with a rear-naked choke.
For the occasion, he will faceoff against Frenchman Julien Sault who has just signed a deal with the promotion. He also won his only pro MMA bout by unanimous decision against Auguste Nguyen in early 2019. He will fight for the first time at 125 since his only pro fight was at 135.
The matchup will be part of the TKO 49 preliminary card in Montreal. The exact date and location for the event will be announced on Saturday.
Here is the full TKO 49 lineup until now:
- Flyweight Title: Malcolm Gordon vs Takashi Matsuba
- 170lbs: Yohan Lainesse vs Dany Mallette
- 185lbs: Julien Leblanc vs Ibrahim Mané
- 135lbs: Isaac Blais vs Terry Lemaire
- 145lbs: Frédérik Dupras vs Paul Fisher
- 140lbs: P-O Bouffard vs Samuel Giguère
- 150lbs: Alexandre Ouellette vs Adam de Freitas
- 125lbs: Pierre Thivierge vs Julien Sault