Here are the full results for the UFC 243 card taking place in Melbourne, Australia on October 5.
In the main event, we entered the era of the Style Bender as Israel Adesanya KO’d Robert Whittaker in the second round to become the undisputed UFC Middleweight champion. He even danced his way to the Octagon in one of the most epic walkouts ever.
In the co-main event, Daniel Hooker outstriked Al Iaquinta with his jab and leg kicks to move up the Lightweight rankings.
On the main card, Sergey Spivak caused an upset when he submitted local hero Tai Tuivasa in the second round. Dhiego Lima dominated Luke Jumeau despite the split decision finish and Yorgan De Castro scored a highlight reel KO over Justin Tafa.
On the prelims, Brad Riddell and Jamie Mullarkey had one hell of a back and forth fight. The City Kickboxing prospect Riddell won the decision. Megan Anderson also won her fight by first round Triangle choke.
PPV Main Card (10pm)
- 185lbs: Israel Adesanya def Robert Whittaker by Knockout (Punches), 3:33 round 2
- 155lbs: Daniel Hooker def Al Iaquinta by Unanimous Decison (30-27 x 2, 30-26)
- 265lbs: Sergey Spivak def Tui Tuivasa by Submission (Arm Triangle Choke), 3:14 round 2
- 170lbs: Dhiego Lima def Luke Jumeau by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 265lbs: Yorgan De Castro def Justin Tafa by Knockout (Punch), 2:10 round 1
- 170lbs: Jake Matthews def Rostem Akman by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
- 170lbs: Callan Potter def Maki Pitolo by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 155lbs: Brad Riddell def Jamie Mullarkey by Unanimous Decision (30-26 x 2, 29-27)
- W145lbs: Megan Anderson def Zarah Fairn dos Santos by Submission (Triangle Choke), 3:57 round 1
Fight Pass Prelims (6:30pm)
- W125lbs: Ji Yeon Kim def Nadia Kassem by TKO (Punches), 4:59 round 2
- 135lbs: Khalid Taha def Bruno Silva by Submission (Arm Triangle Choke), 3:00 round 3