UFC 245 Results
Here are the full results for the UFC 245 card taking place on December 14, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The main event was an absolutely epic fight. Colby Covington was as much a storm as we know him to be but Kamaru Usman was able to contain him. Usman broke Covington’s jaw in the third round and was able to finish him late in the fifth to avoid seeing the judges. This title fight is going to go down in history as one of the best we’ve seen.
Max Holloway had no answers for Alexander Volkanovski’s leg kicks and power in their title bout. The Aussie even forced Holloway to fight southpaw for a long stretch of the fight because his left leg was too damaged to be his front leg. Volkanoski becomes the UFC Featherweight champion, giving City Kickboxing a second UFC title in 2019.
Amanda Nunes and Germaine de Randamie gave us two of the wildest rounds of the year in their rematch. Amanda almost finished de Randamie multiple times in the first round but Germaine survived. She turned it around in the second stunning the champion with some huge knees. Amanda Nunes leaned on her superior wrestling and grappling from the thirs to the fifth round to win the decision.
On the main card, Jose Aldo did not look bad in his 135 debut as he had a close fight with Marlon Moraes. Moraes won the fight by split decision. Petr Yan showed incredible skills as he demolished Urijah Faber in every aspect. He bloodied the legendary fighter and knocked him out with a head kick in the beginning of the third round!
On the prelims, Geoff Neal knocked the unknockable Mike Perry out in the first round. It took one or two head kicks and a flurry of punch for Neal to put a stamp on his best career performance. In other action, Irene Aldana was clearly frustrating Ketlen Vieira when she was tagging her. The Brazilian started to fight angry which directly led to a brutal left hook knockout for Aldana.
On the Fight Pass Prelims, Brandon Moreno and Kai Kara-France had a great back and forth fight that was won by Moreno by decision. Punahele Soriano had a huge UFC debut with a first round knockout win over Oskar Piechota. Chase Hooper also put on a great performance pummeling Daniel Teymur on the ground for the TKO win.
Here are the full UFC 245 results:
PPV Main Card (10pm)
- 170lbs: Kamaru Usman def Colby Covington by TKO (Punches), 4:10 round 5
- 145lbs: Alexander Volkanovski def Max Holloway by Unanimous Decision (48-47 x 2, 50-45)
- W135lbs: Amanda Nunes def Germaine de Randamie by Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-45, 49-44)
- 135lbs: Marlon Moraes def Jose Aldo by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 135lbs: Petr Yan def Urijah Faber by Knockout (Head Kick), 0:43 round 3
- 170lbs: Geoff Neal def Mike Perry by TKO (Head Kick & Punches), 1:30 round 1
- W135lbs: Irene Aldana def Ketlen Vieira by Knockout (Punch), 4:51 round 1
- 185lbs: Omari Akhmedov def Ian Heinisch by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 170lbs: Matt Brown def Ben Saunders by Knockout (Strikes), 4:55 round 2
Fight Pass Prelims (6:15pm)
- 145lbs: Chase Hooper def Daniel Teymur by TKO (Strikes), 4:34 round 1
- 125lbs: Brandon Moreno def Kai Kara-France by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- W125lbs: Jessica Eye def Viviane Araujo by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 185lbs: Punahele Soriano def Oskar Piechota by Knockout (Punch), 3:17 round 1