UFC 247 Results
Here are the full results for the UFC 247 card taking place on February 8, 2020 in Houston, Texas.
The event is headlined by a Light Heavyweight title fight as champion Jon Jones overcame an incredible performance from Dominick Reyes to win a very close decision. The challenger gave the fight of his life and won the earlier rounds but the champion’s pressure slowed him down. Jones was able to takeover in the later rounds to retain his title.
Valentina Shevchenko was also in action on the card. She completely dominated Kaltyn Chookagian with some takedowns before finishing her with some ground and pound from the mounted crucifix in round 3.
On the main card, Ilir Latifi did pretty good in his Heavyweight debut but the Black Beast rallied in the third to edge out the decision in his hometown. Justin Tafa absolutely melted Juan Adams with abhuge uppercut in just less than 3 minutes.
On the prelims, Mario Bautista was able to find a beautiful flying knee on top-prospect Miles Johns to get the TKO win. Kalinn Williams also had a great UFC debut with an upset win over tough vet Alex Morono.
On the Fight Pass portion of the prelims, Domingo Pilarte had a very agressive gameplan to start the fight against Journey Newson but he ran into a rock solid overhand right in only 38 seconds. James Krause had a very balsy performance one one day’s notice againt Middleweight Trevin Giles who just proved to be too powerful for the former Lightweight.
Here are the full UFC 247 Results:
PPV Main Card (10pm)
- 205lbs: Jon Jones def Dominick Reyes by Unanimos Decision (48-47 x 2, 49-46)
- W125lbs: Valentina Shevchenko def Katlyn Chookagian by TKO (Strikes), 1:03 round 3
- 265lbs: Justin Tafa def Juan Adams by TKO (Punches), 1:59 round 1
- 145lbs: Dan Ige def Mirsad Bektic by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 265lbs: Derrick Lewis def Ilir Latifi by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 185lbs: Trevin Giles def James Krause by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- W125lbs: Lauren Murphy def Andrea Lee by Split Decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- 170lbs: Kalinn Williams def Alex Morono by Knockout (Strikes), 0:27 round 1
- 135lbs: Mario Bautista def Miles Johns by TKO (Strikes), 1:41 round 2
Fight Pass Prelims (6:30pm)
- 135lbs: Journey Newson def Domingo Pilarte by TKO (Punches), 0:38 round 1
- 135lbs: Andre Ewell def Jonathan Martinez by Split Decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- 145lbs: Youssef Zalal def Austin Lingo by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)