Here are the full results for the UFC 248 card taking place at the T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 7.
The event is headlined by Israel Adesanya and Yoel Romero for the Middleweight title. The title fight was a slow one as Adesanya stayed away from Yoel and adopted a very calculated approach. He outpointed the Cuban who threw very little on his part even though he was very vocal after the fight.
Weili Zhang and Joanna Jedrzejczyk gave us the most epic women’s MMA we have ever seen in the co-main event! Both women went to war in one of the most brutal matchup ever. The Chinese ultimately won the split decision in an extremely close fight.
On the main card, Beneil Dariush and Drakkar Klose had one of the craziest one minute round that ended in a brutal KO by Dariush after he was hurt on the feet by Klose. Neil Magny looked outstanding in his return to action as he outclassed Li Jingliang in every aspect of the fight. Alex Oliveira also won a razor close split decision from Max Griffin.
On the prelims, “Suga” Sean O’Malley put on an absolute show in his return after a two year layoff. He ran through Jose Quinonez for a first round TKO stoppage. Olympic silver medalist in wrestling Mark O. Madsen was able to outwrestle gritty Austin Hubbard for two full rounds before surviving a tough third round to win the decision. Rodolfo Vieira was also brief as he choked Saparbek Safarov out in a little less than 3 minutes. Gerald Meerschaert and Deron Winn put on a great back and forth fight. GM3 was able to keep the judges out of the equation with a third round rear-naked choke win.
PPV Main Card (10pm)
- 185lbs: Israel Adesanya def Yoel Romero by Unanimous Decision (48-47 x 2, 49-46)
- W115lbs: Weili Zhang def Joanna Jedrzejczyk by Split Decision (48-47 x 2, 47-48)
- 155lbs: Beneil Dariush def Drakkar Klose by Knockout (Punch), 1:00 round 2
- 170lbs: Neil Magny def Li Jingliang by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
- 170lbs: Alex Oliveira def Max Griffin by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 135lbs: Sean O’Malley def Jose Quinonez by TKO (Strikes), 2:02 round 1
- 155lbs: Mark O. Madsen def Austin Hubbard by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 185lbs: Rodolfo Vieira def Saparbek Safarov by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke), 2:58 round 1
- 185lbs: Gerald Meerschaert def Deron Winn by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 2:13 round 3
Fight Pass Prelims (7pm)
- 145lbs: Giga Chikadze def Jamall Emmers by Split Decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- 135lbs: Danaa Batgerel def Guido Cannetti by Knockout (Punches), 3:01 round 1