Here are the full results for the UFC on ESPN+ 28 card taking place on Saturday March 14 in Brasilia, Brazil. The fight are contested in front of no audience because of the recent Coronavirus outbreak around the world.
The main event is a Lightweight fight between contenders Kevin Lee and Charles Oliveira. The Brazilian looked good early but gave up a lot of time control to Lee. Oliveira was still chaining submission attempts but was starting to slow down as the fight was advancing. He looked very tired as round 3 started but caught Kevin Lee in a guillotine as he was looking for a takedown. Lee was forced to tap out and still acted like he didn’t tap, but the replay clearly showed it.
The co-main event was a battle of BJJ legends between Demian Maia and Gilbert Burns. There were some exchanges on the ground but it’s a Gilbert Burns left hook that put at end to the fight at 2:34 of round 1.
On the main card, Renato Moicano quickly won his Lightweight debut as he took Damir Hadzovic and choked him out in 44 seconds. He proceeded to call out number 7 ranked Paul Felder. Nikita Krylov crushed what was left of Johnny Walker’s hype train as he took him down and dominated him for a decision win. Francisco Trinaldo also won by decision on the main card.
There were only decisions on the prelims, but we still got some good fights. Brandon Moreno defeated Jussier Formiga in a good back and forth contest. Amanda Ribas arrived as a top prospect at Women’s Strawweight as she completely dominated Canadian Randa Markos for a lopsided decision. Rani Yahya and Enrique Barzola had a fun back and forth grappling match that ended in a Majority Draw after two rounds won by Yahya and a clear 10-8 for Barzola in round 3. Maryna Moroz and Mayra Bueno Silva also had a fun back and forth fight.
Here are the full UFC Brasilia Results:
Main Card (6pm)
- 155lbs: Charles Oliveira def Kevin Lee by Submission (Guillotine Choke), 0: 28 round 3
- 170lbs: Gilbert Burns def Demian Maia by TKO (Punches), 2:34 round 1
- 155lbs: Renato Moicano def Damir Hadzovic by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 0:44 round 1
- 205lbs: Nikita Krylov def Johnny Walker by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- 155lbs: Francisco Trinaldo def John Makdessi by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- 125lbs: Brandon Moreno def Jussier Formiga by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- W115lbs: Amanda Ribas def Randa Markos by Unanimous Decision (30-25 x 2, 30-26)
- 170lbs: Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos def Aleksei Kunchenko by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 135lbs: Rani Yahya vs Enrique Barzola is ruled a Majority Draw (28-28 x 2, 29-28)
Fight Pass Prelims (3pm)
- W125lbs: Maryna Moroz def Mayra Bueno Silva by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- 125lbs: David Dvorak def Bruno Silva by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)
- W135lbs: Bea Malecki def Veronica Macedo by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 3)