UFC Norfolk Results
Here are the full results for the UFC on ESPN+ 27 card taking place on Saturday February 29 in Norfolk, Virginia.
In the main event, Joseph Benavidez fights for the UFC Flyweight title against Deiveson Figueiredo. The Brazilian was unable to make weight, so he will not be eligible to win the title with a victory. It’s Figueiredo who came out on top after a brutal KO of Benavidez in round 2 after an excellent fight.
In the co-main event, Felicia Spencer landed a early takedown on Zarah Fairn and destroyed her on the ground for a first round stoppage.
There was a very controversial stoppage on the main card as referee stepped in to stop the fight between Ankalev and Cutelaba in the middle of an exchange. Cutelaba seemed to have been rocked by some head kicks from Ankalaev and there was some worries that he was out on his feet. It was however clear that it wasn’t the case as Cutelaba immediately protested the stoppage.
The card otherwise saw some great performances from the likes of Megan Anderson, Grant Dawson, Kyler Phillips, Brendan Allen, Luis Pena, Spike Carlyle and Sean Brady.
Main Card (8pm)
- 125lbs: Deiveson Figueiredo def Joseph Benavidez by TKO (Strikes), 1:54 round 2
- W145lbs: Felicia Spencer def Zarah Fairn by TKO (Strikes), 3:37 round 1
- 205lbs: Magomed Ankalaev def Ion Cutelaba by Knockout (Head Kick & Punches), 0:38 round 1
- W145lbs: Megan Anderson def Norma Dumont by Knockout (Punches), 3:31 round 1
- 145lbs: Grant Dawson def Darrick Minner by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 1:38 round 2
- 135lbs: Kyler Phillips def Gabriel Silva by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
- 185lbs: Brendan Allen def Tom Breese by TKO (Strikes), 4:47 round 1
- 265lbs: Marcin Tybura def Sergey Spivak by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 29-28)
- 155lbs: Luis Pena def Steve Garcia by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
Fight Pass Prelims (5pm)
- 145lbs: Jordan Griffin def TJ Brown by Submission (Guillotine), 3:38 round 2
- 145lbs: Spike Carlyle def Aalon Cruz by TKO (Strikes), 1:25 round 1
- 170lbs: Sean Brady def Ismail Naurdiev by Decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)