UFC Rio Rancho Results
Here are the full results for the UFC on ESPN+ 25 card taking place on February 15, 2020 in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
The main event featured a Light Heavyweight rematch between top contenders Corey Anderson and Jan Blachowicz. The Polish fighter surely made a statement as he knocked Anderson out in the very first round before getting in Jon Jones’s face.
The co-main event promised something weird as Diego Sanchez faced off against Michel Pereira… And boy did it deliver, but not in the way we expected. Pereira was way more controlled and outworked Sanchez pretty easily. The corner advice from Sanchez’s coach was the weirdest thing about the fight until the third round. Michel Perira landed an illegal knee on a downed Sanchez who was declare able to continue by the doctor, but opted not to, getting the DQ win in the process. This is bound to make people talk.
A similar thing happened in the fight between Brok Weaver and Kazula Vargas. However, it was in the first round this time and Weaver got knocked out by the illegal knee, making the DQ way more understandable.
Main Card (8pm)
- 205lbs: Jan Blachowicz def Corey Anderson by Knockout (Punches), 3:09 round 1
- 170lbs: Diego Sanchez def Michel Pereira by Disqualification (Illegal Knee), 3:09 round 3
- W125lbs: Montana De La Rosa def Mara Romero Borella by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
- 155lbs: Brok Weaver def Rodrigo Vargas by Disqualification (Illegal Knee), round 1
- 125lbs: Ray Borg def Rogerio Bontorin by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 2, 30-25)
- 155lbs: Lando Vannata def Yancy Medeiros by Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
- 170lbs: Daniel Rodriguez def Tim Means by Submission (Guillotine), 3:37 round 2
- 135lbs: John Dodson def Nathaniel Wood by TKO (Punches), 0:16 round 3
- 155lbs: Scott Holtzman def Jim Miller by Unanimous Decision (29-28 x 2, 20-27)
- 205lbs: Devin Clark def Dequan Townsend by Unanimous Decision (30-26 x 2, 20-27)
Fight Pass Prelims (5pm)
- 135lbs: Merab Dvalishvili def Casey Kenney by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-25, 29-28)
- W135lbs: Macy Chiasson def Shanna Young by Unanimous Decision (30-26 x 3)
- 125lbs: Raulian Paiva def Mark De La Rosa by Knockout (Punches), 4:42 round 2